Monday 11 April 2016

Ava's Homemade Cot Bumper


Wow! Three whole months since my last blog post. Clearly I have commitment issues when it comes to updating this blog! Thankfully I've been a bit more motivated when it comes to actually making things. Last month I took a week off work to concentrate on a couple of sewing projects.

It. Was. BLISS! 

A whole week of sewing, drinking tea and listening to Kate Bush on repeat... heaven! I made myself a jumpsuit ahead of my holiday to Marrakech (photos to come) and I put the finishing touches to the cot bumper I made for baby Ava. And here are the results! Definitely worthy of London's tiniest fashion diva even if I do say so myself!

Clockwise from top:
My 'studio' for the week/ The finished Cot Bumper/ Close-Up/ The Cot Bumper in its new home!


Cot bumper baby Vlisco fabric


I've also been having a bit of a shuffle round at home. I'm trying to create a sewing area for myself and also have my fabric stash stored somewhere it is easy to get to but isn't taking over my living room! Got pretty far this weekend and finally cleared my sofa of fabric so guests have somewhere to sit now when they come round!...

sewing area sewing studio overlockerFabric stash sewing blogger fabricaholic


So that's the story so far this year. Other than that I've just been working on new ideas for projects. On the list are a dress to wear to a friend's wedding, a crop top dress, more jumpsuits, a baby rompersuit and more stuff made from Scuba. So should be kept busy! The next post will be up soon featuring the african print jumpsuit I made for my holiday. 
 
TTFN! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment