Tuesday 17 May 2016

Jumpsuit Marjorelle


So you've probably all seen this on Instagram already but if not ...tada! Here it is... my homemade African Print Jumpsuit.

Ailakki jumpsuit selfish sewing african print fabric homemade fashion


But I can't take all the credit. It's basically a pattern hack of a commercial pattern, the Ailakki Cross Front Jumpsuit by Named Clothing that I got from The Fabric Godmother site. I got the pattern and made the bottom half but then decided I'd prefer a slightly less revealing top half so I could wear it year round. No-one is more shocked than I am about this decision to cover up as I'm usually that person who wears a jean jacket and no tights in winter! Anyway, so I self drafted a bodice block to my measurements, made a pattern for the top half, sewed it all together and this was the result! I'm thinking I might make some more in different fabrics, perhaps with sleeves, we'll see...

jardin marjorelle
And to top it off I managed to get it finished in time for my trip to Morroco. Here I am 'on location' for the photoshoot (in my head! Lol!) at the Jardin Marjorelle, Marrakech



 african print fabric jumpsuit

Between the Hammams and the sunbathing I even managed to squeeze in a little fabric shopping while I was in Marrakech and a quick trip to the Dyers Market


Bye for now! x




3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous jumpsuit! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the 'modest' and petfect jumpsuit! I want to make one for work, I'm nowhere near as talented as you, how did you modify the top? Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete